Myblueflash.blogspot.com

We have one life to really live here now and love here now... let's find out the best of 'what, who, where, and how'...


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Grad. School was Paradise, looking Back, then it was a Huge Mountain

Cornell University for 5 years taught me so much. Great Professors and inspiring mentors. Idyllic place to live, work, study, ski, play hockey, love, be loved, raise dogs, raise tomatoes, buy a house, buy a farm.....

I was so lucky....I fell into being a profesor at 29...Ithaca College...I had young, amazing students...it was all about having fun, pushing out the walls, finding out how far I could go with people....but I was going nowhere, just exploring...

seemed like turning 30 was so hard a year....did not have a clue where I was headed....maybe did not want to know....

so if I am lucky enough to live to 90 (not clear at all yet), one third of my life was like exploring a dark attic with a flashlight....fun stuff to discover, but one third no clue where or what or why was life for me al about.....

Actually, I did not even think about it that way....it seemed then that those kind of questions would just sort of evolve....or I would find out through "experience"...

So comfortable years, those 20's and 30's...no urgency....lots of running, play, sleep, up early to ski or work, or teach....all pure joy....

The seeds were getting planted....

No comments:

Post a Comment