Myblueflash.blogspot.com

We have one life to really live here now and love here now... let's find out the best of 'what, who, where, and how'...


Monday, May 31, 2010

Capturing the Flash...My Signal

I have been thinking of several things lately and they just gelled...I was sort of looking for a signal...it came to me and this was after just a little bit of looking to my side, left and right, and "BANG" there it was...right in front of me...

Let me try to develop this idea and share with you my friend...

We cannot leave this planet without putting something back...that we know by now...maybe it is a company, some products, some art, maybe a child, a family...

I have been looking real hard at this lately...people all over just trying to figure this out, and some just going about it with joy...

I have put several things here on the planet that were not here before me...

And I have this huge need now lately to refine some of these, and keep on producing at better levels if I can.

My own "art" of late has been writing...that is where this book came from....

I have thought of "art" as mostly visual stuff, though I know poetry and creative writing is also "art"...for sure.  When I used to paint, it was with the same passion that I now write...so it is the same source...just different form...

And the thing that just hit me, is the missing piece I have been looking for...it is that I have needed a visual piece of what I have been writing about.  BINGO...it is that I must now try to capture in visal form what I have been writing about...people who are going through the very experiences of the Four Great Flashes of Life.

Yes, photography!  I have always had a knack for capturing the essence of people in my photography...now it is obvious what I must do...capture actual people experiencing the green flash, actual people in love, actual people in sacred moments that are just extraordinary....and actual people experiencing the joy of being and living their life purpose...the ultimate blue flash.

My next project is clear.  I had been forming the pieces of this idea for weeks, maybe months, as I have written.  Now this evening, in a flash, it gelled and became crystal clear....

I don't think I could have willed this to have happened before I was ready...it had to land like a butterfly, in a special, sweet moment...tonight, just within the last hour...and this will now consume my "art" for some time to come...I know that.

Where does this "stuff"come from?  I do know my mother was a poet and an artist.  She gave some great memories and some art gifts of hers.  But that was influence.  My own passion comes from all that I have seen and known...and it comes from out there...a most friendly universe...

...again, no accidents...

I asked for some kind of signal...

An artist once told me that her greatest dream would be to have a week free just to paint.  I felt that moment and just wanted to spend some of that week photographing her painting, living her dream.  I knew at that moment it felt exactly correct.  So, for the last half year, I went about writing about this kind of moment.  With my camera in hand, now I am going to find people with this passion and try to capture that feeling so you can see it an maybe feel it even yourself...

...maybe a picture of passion is worth a million words...
...I have a feeling there is passion that neither words nor pictures can ever capture...
...to just know that is enough....

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Mike,
    Wonderful Post. I think you are the perfect person to capture the four flashes with a camera. Remember that cameras have "flashes" too.

    ReplyDelete