Myblueflash.blogspot.com

We have one life to really live here now and love here now... let's find out the best of 'what, who, where, and how'...


Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pink Flash Lives Forever!

This is one for the ages....

I once had a good friend who shared much of life with me.  He was married twice.  Both wives died of cancer.  I knew him through these times, good and bad.  I knew his wives.  I shared his grief.

He once told me that even though they had left him in death, he felt their love in his life every day, every minute.  He told me how he could see their faces, he had this mental picture of each...their smile, their fresh beauty, the light in their eyes...he carried his love and what he said was their love every step of his life...

I thought often to myself it kept him going.

He is now gone.  He died an I am left with these thoughts which I share with you, my reader.

What I am about to say, I have no proof, not a single shred of evidence, but my own instinct that I think this is true...

So, here it is...what if even when he was alive, his lost loves were not just a flicker of light shining in his heart, but what if that love was a flicker of light in them too...an eternal love shining back at him, something he told me he felt...something that is out there in the night?

What if love never dies?  What if it still goes on?  So, now he is gone, too.  But I still feel the love he shared with me, that love he kept alive in him.  I knew each of his lost wives, I saw their love...I could not see that it would be easily forgotten, but now, I cannot forget, for my friend, for myself, and beyond...

So, I ask you, my reader,...

What if love never dies...
After the cries...
When we are alone in the night,
It is still forever in sight...

In the long universe of the memory we have here,
Love is not lost in its flight...
Across the blue skies of morning...
Into the warm air of the long night...

No comments:

Post a Comment