Myblueflash.blogspot.com

We have one life to really live here now and love here now... let's find out the best of 'what, who, where, and how'...


Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Do You Have a Special, Secret Place in Nature....Greenflash Serenity

A friend of many years asked me today if I have one of these....a special, even known only to me...spot or place in nature in the area?  A rock, a pathway, a bench, a beach where I can go and soak in the power of the environment....and a place where I can go to send off my most maybe precarious and deepest wishes, hopes, dreams...like a private launch pad for what I want to send to the universe or to someone special out there....

My answer was "No, friend, I do not have one..."

This evening I realized, I need one. I even know where it is...it is a rock on the coast here...I need to go there...

But I also know why it took me this long.

I have been running.  You see, I am a cancer survivor.  Not a serious cancer thing...it was a long time ago, and I am healthy and feel so young, and yet, I know it gave me a low dose of post traumatic stress that I live with...a low level of anxiety, that I mostly deny...I cannot afford to look at it...there are too many who depend on me...and I depend on me to not give in to that fear....

So, I ran hard, never looking back or never looking back too long to get scared...

Besides, I preach being tough...if you know me, I am like the NFL..."we play injured"...we don't have the luxury of rest or slowing down for a minute...

I know this is all wrong...but running not walking or standing still is my credo...it is what I have beieved all these years to survive...my heroes never quit...they valiantly show by example...they stand out in front and take the first hit...they defend their own and even the weak who are not their own...

But I know I can still run and be the 'Father Lion" defender, the guardian, and still have my rock!

I may even show my friend where it is...after all he showed me I need that rock...

As hard as I run,I can never stop too long, but I will stop at my rock and launch my deepest wishes and hopes and dreams into the cool night air...

...that somewhere across that wide ocean they will land safely and these moments will not be lost...

...they will never be lost, because they are mine, and I know my dreams...but unless I launch them, they will never have anyone more than just me...

...dreams are meant to be launched... into the cool air of evening, where across that broad ocean they have a chance that they may be heard in the fresh morning air...

No comments:

Post a Comment