Myblueflash.blogspot.com

We have one life to really live here now and love here now... let's find out the best of 'what, who, where, and how'...


Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Special Talent....Is it Just Experience?

A colleague today sparked my intrigue.  She said she thought I might be actually able to grab pictures of people experiencing the flashes of life better than many other people...that is something I had not considered...maybe I need to, not out of ego, but experience...let me explain...

Someone has written a book of popular note that says that if you do something 10,000 times, you are an expert...it seems to be about amassing experience.

I started playing golf at 12.  I built my first golf green at 12 and a half.  My first real golf green at 15.  I played lots of golf in my life...I love it.  I can just about hit a golf ball pretty close, even after months of not playing, though practice surely helps.  My young son asked me...."hey, Dad, why are you so good?"...I just said casually, but it was profound...becsause I have hit maybe a million golf balls....

So, what is this?  Is it experience knowing, teaching watching people with their flashes of life and the struggles and victories they have....or is it sheer years watching....or can I actually see "stuff" others may not?

I now want to go with my camera and capture the smiles, frowns, sweat and strange postures of actual people with my camera and think I can get it on film...

Can I get it better than someone 25 years old?  45 years old?  maybe my age, but someone who has not focused on this "stuff"?  Not sure, but I must see if this could be true...it seems to me like hitting a million golf balls...I can take a club and get it closer than most to the pin....just because I have seen so much...and I also look deeper....

I want to see what is there in passion...if it is there, why cannot a picture be made?  As long as we also know, there is passion that no camera can ever capture...

...the energy of the universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment