Myblueflash.blogspot.com

We have one life to really live here now and love here now... let's find out the best of 'what, who, where, and how'...


Friday, November 26, 2010

How Do You Know When You Have Been Touched?

This Thanksgiving, some one gave me a beautiful cultural gift and a personally made Thanksgiving card. It said  'Happy Thanksgiving, Dr. Mike, to you and your loved ones...'

My loved ones include her, and my family, and the many students and friends I share mutual feelings with, but it is a big circle of loved ones.....not defined by traditional ways of defining family or 'buddies'....rather, by who chooses to express love to me and who I care enough about to love, and to let them know it....

See, life is so short....we need to say it out...when we care about someone,when we worry, when we appreciate the smallest things about them....if we do not release it, it will just be like a gift we give ourselves, when it was really meant for the other one....

So, I said....this also is you!  I hope she understands....my appreciation of how much she cares and how she does things....so very well and with such appreciation...

Thanksgiving 2010.  It has real thanks in it for me and real meaning.  I was lucky and received some things that no one can understand how much they mean to me....

I hope I did something of the same for some of the ones I love......this precious day of the year.....

This year, I was touched.  Thanksgiving happened for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment