Myblueflash.blogspot.com

We have one life to really live here now and love here now... let's find out the best of 'what, who, where, and how'...


Sunday, March 14, 2010

Tiger, Tiger, in the night, Tiger...you are burning so bright…

Tigers are not the King of  beasts…that is the Lion…
Tigers, fierce and strong, they must keep tryin'…
Tigers need to work hard to be strong…
Tigers see through the night…they are never wrong...
Tigers have stripes…
They stand for diversity in chaos…
They make us stand for whatever  is with us…
Tigers have the keenest of sight…
Tiger eyes light up the night…
Tigers have stripes of black…and light
And orange....the morning sun…
Tiger mothers, cubs known for fun,
Tigers stand for fire and fight…
Tigers stand for peace and fight…

William Blake said, “tiger, tiger…in the night…
Tiger, tiger, burning bright”

What an incredible and forever…sight!
Tiger eyes, shining through…
Tiger eyes…see so true…
Tiger eyes, this is me and you…
Tiger eyes, burning through…
Tiger eyes,  ever true…
Tiger eyes...see me and you...

2 comments:

  1. Although I was an English major, I had to look this poem up again because I couldn't remember it well. I also remember reading about tigers living in solitude and I remember feeling so sad. Because they are such beautiful and symmetric creatures. Whenever I go to the zoo, they are sleeping, alone. But despite their daily naps, I know that in the night, they would be eager to hunt and kill any prey that came upon them.

    I know I live in a world where "different but equal" does not and cannot truly exist. We can break it down into something as simple as choosing ice cream at Baskin Robbins. I always choose the same boring ol' flavor (cookies 'n cream) although there are 30 other flavors for me to choose from. But even the more daring Chunky Monkey or Superman or Rocky Road eaters tend to choose the same daring flavor over and over; therefore, is it daring anymore?

    I think when one chooses a "mascot" or a "symbol" for him/herself, it is a very difficult task. When you first sent around the email about the tiger, there were responses regarding the competition (the other universities who had chosen the tiger as their mascot). It's something I've never had to think about because the mascots were always laid out before me (the Blackhawks, the Suns, the Hilltoppers). However, when I saw a documentary about giraffes, I fell in love.

    Giraffes look so awkward: the elongated neck that stretches even further than what looks physically possible; the short, spidery legs meant to support all that body weight, and the haphazard design covering its body in a very non-symmetrical way. But oh, how graceful these oxymoronic animals could be! Stretching to reach the treetops to get the best leaves, gliding along the plains as if they were lighter than air...

    So, tigers live alone. Other universities have used it. But your description of the tiger is best understood when viewed through the eyes of the person who has a vision for the future. Tigers span across most of Asia. We want to span across the world...

    These are just thoughts...things dripping from my mind into my fingertips onto the keyboard. Maybe I should've set out my thesis before I began writing...

    ReplyDelete