Myblueflash.blogspot.com

We have one life to really live here now and love here now... let's find out the best of 'what, who, where, and how'...


Saturday, March 6, 2010

Countryside or Urban: It is Part of the Blueflash

I lived in Ithaca, for 12 years, 1975 to 1987...300 days a year of clouds, rain, snow...

Now I live in San Diego, the opposite...320 days of sun....

I am not bragging, but rather sharing my particular story of  why some people live longer, and thrive in sunlight.....

But, its deeper...

Countryside has its particular benefits...peaceful, low profile everything...

That's the point, everthing...

It is about stimulation.....what gets you going....

I remember that first fall and winter in San Diego...it was to me then like endless summer...

Countryside had its appeal in my 20's and 30's....we owned a farm.  I swore I would never have a garden...having been brought up weeding, roto-tiling my father's big garden...I even swore I would never have a lawn...I had to push a gas-powered mower for about 10 hours per week in the summer months...

We all laugh now....Countryside had me with a big riding lawn tractor....
Countryside had  me roto-tiling a big garden  about 125% the size of my father's big garden....

It was great, the smell of fresh tomatoes...cut grass...

But, my ultimate sense of place was not to be a gentleman-farmer........

I needed the stimulation of a city....a region..Southern CALIFORNIA..

I moved back to a city I now call home...San Diego!

The Blueflash seems to want us to be in the place we feel most comfortable...

These are big differences...Countryside or Urban....I am glad I got this clear in my mid thirties....

But even after being in the place where I felt most at home, it took many more years before I figured out what I was supposed to do.....

Those years, even being  in a great city, San Diego, felt endless....until the moment I saw my destiny...then it felt just like I had paid my dues....

I think it makes a difference if we are in a place we love, where we can feel at home and let the natural forces go to work...

I will cherish the memories of Countryside.  But I really, really cherish the moments now on the West Coast of America!

No comments:

Post a Comment