Myblueflash.blogspot.com

We have one life to really live here now and love here now... let's find out the best of 'what, who, where, and how'...


Thursday, March 25, 2010

For the Love of....Whiteflashes in our Work

Even in stressful workplaces, we occasionally have a chance to see the most remarkable expression of highest human acts...

A colleague joined the organization several years ago and progressed through the normal eschelons of administrative jobs and tasks...

Performance was quite always good to quite good...she was always there, on time and giving cheer to us all...

In time, stress came to us all in different shares.

Some of us had our own crises, health, death of loved ones, stresses...
We mostly pulled together, sometimes trauma, sometimes team....

But, today, I heard that this team member rose above everything that I thought was going on....and I do not know why...

It was certainy nothing that I ever had to do with as one of her bosses...
It came from somewhere, someplace, deep in the experince of her work....

Now, what was that? It simply is a phrase she used today...
"I love these students"...that has transformed her from when she first joined us for a "job"...she now has passion...she comes to work with some kind of purpose that overtakes everything else she brings...and it makes all the huge human difference...she has come to love the very students we serve...the same ones that drive us crazy...the same ones that astound us with their brilliance...they make us laugh...they make us cry...

Where from does it come? Somepeople love the "product" they sell, the cars they drive, the technology their company produces...it gives them thrills....

Some stay for the love of money...AIG executives, Goldman Sachs MBA"s deeply entrenched in Wall Street who can just taste the next Christmas bonus...

Yet others like the people they work with, that brings them back each day.

This time it is a passion for the customer
...the students whom we serve each day with their problems...

Some are friendly and come with hugs, that was earlier today...
Some are angry, full of agendas needing to be heard, not with hugs, but maybe with shrugs! Some bring gifts....some are gifts!

So this is the passion. Just the people we are supposed to be there for. Nothing more. Magic? What is so special? Are we not supposed to have passion like this? It does not come so easy.

It is not another just ordinary day at the office. That kind of passion is rare and so welcome.

Accident, like I said before, I don't think so...
It is a gift that no one could have seen before.
A kind of whiteflash gift, that reminds the few who saw it what and why these moments are so rare...no accident. No accident.

2 comments:

  1. I read this blog with an open mind and heart. Could it be me? Perhaps. I have gained much insight and a lot of experience working with International students. Yes, many times I've wanted to cry, other times I wanted to run away screaming, but for the most part, I knew I needed to stay. I am lucky in many respects; I have been given the opportunity to work with and get to know many unique individuals. I am even luckier still, that I can embrace the nuance that is CIBU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gratifying when passion wins out over money!

    ReplyDelete