Myblueflash.blogspot.com

We have one life to really live here now and love here now... let's find out the best of 'what, who, where, and how'...


Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Early Arriver!...Just as I Was Describing This...She Appears!

As you know by now, I have shared my views and experiences as a college president about some of the most extraordinary things I see in our student body and their lives. This is a community of diverse, international young adults, from various cultures, family values, social and economic levels around the world. Some come with wealth and are here to sample the greatness of Claifornia. Some come to work and sample and get a life purpose going. Some frustrate us with their stubbornness....some astound us with their bravery...some amaze us with their clarity...

Just as I have been writing about clear life vision and some young people in their twenties who seem to have it...I saw one today. Right before my eyes!

She is from Vietnam. She needed help with her schedule, fitting classes, her budget, her plan...you see she has a plan. She has a long range plan and a dream. It is to finish her degree in a specific timeframe, complete a TESOL program for teachers of English, do an internship in the USA, then return to a company in Vietnam and teach English in the evenings....you would look at her describe this and it was so clear...there is no doubt. There is modesty, no ego, just determination and clarity.

I could see that clarity and feel the seriousness of her plan. I could feel that she has really thought through this plan. This is a claer life vision...a dream scenario.

Maybe these students are around us all the time every day, or is it just because I am writing about this subject just now?

No, they do not appear every day....early arrivers are few and far between...it is such a gift for that student to have....and for me to behold right in front of me...just another not so average day at the office! Accident? I don't think so...

No comments:

Post a Comment