Myblueflash.blogspot.com

We have one life to really live here now and love here now... let's find out the best of 'what, who, where, and how'...


Sunday, April 4, 2010

OK.....You Won't Believe This....Unless, Of Course, You Can Handle Whiteflashes

I started to write about Whiteflash last night. I spoke about synchronicity and serendipity.

Last night I dreamt that we had a big, swaying earthquake at my home.  I almost wanted to mention it this morning, thinking maybe we had one in the middle of the night....sometimes we do....it could have felt like a dream....

Then, as I was sitting in the sun by my pool, this afternoon at 3:43 Pacific Daylight Time, it happened....just like the dream...a 7.2  swaying earthquae that lasted 25 seconds...the pool had a small tidal wave that lasted about 10 more minutes...

This has not happened before to me.  Maybe it was just an amazing cooincidence.  I will be thinking this over for a long time....

Whiteflash just happens and when it does, we are stunned....the ultimate wakeup call....but it is always wraped in enormous mystery....it reminds us how frail we are....the message is that we are not alone...
...that message itself is like the biggest earthquake or tidal wave we could ever respect...
...we are not alone!

1 comment:

  1. It was my first real "natural" experience. I've heard of tornados. They happen all the time where I'm from, but I've never seen that huge funnel cloud coming toward me. I've survived a horrific hail storm, but I didn't actually see it happening. It was only something I could hear.

    But this was my first. And it was awful. And I hope it never happens again. I understand that this earth is put together like a jigsaw puzzle, but I really don't want to be on one of the pieces when the puzzle maker is trying to jam in another piece. I thought I had sunstroke because I had been at the beach that day.

    I was standing in Trader Joe's looking for Grapeseed Mayonnaise (unfortunately, they don't carry it) when everything began to pulse. I started to feel nauseous. And it felt like a lifetime.

    I made it through. Barely. All of that earthquake preparation education went out the window as my fear came barreling through the door. Zack even said to me, "Shouldn't we get under a door or a table?" But I was doing good just to remain standing. Much less move.

    Californians may be "used to" this. But I'm ready to go back to the South and sit out a tornado or flash flood.

    ReplyDelete