Myblueflash.blogspot.com

We have one life to really live here now and love here now... let's find out the best of 'what, who, where, and how'...


Friday, April 9, 2010

New Post: Wow! I have to own up...Whiteflash..OMG!

OK, you guys, you want to really know, what I have to say here...

...sit back...take a deep breath...

First, of all, let's re-visit the topic...Whiteflash is when you or me receives a BIG wakeup call....so much so that you cannot just sleep...you really have to ask yourself in front of that mirror or picture window what is happening...

...serendipity...synchhonicity..."accidents" do not happen........

I ran into my step daughter some years ago on the Highway 5, she was cleaning the wiendshield as was I...had not seen her in years...it solved a mystery...who cut the cat's whiscers...

You see, I had a vision of who cut the cat's whiscers earlier that morning....it was not my son...it was her...but much forgiven...it was just that I had a vision of that mystery of our family dynamics before it played out...on Interstate 5...that Sunday morning...fully 10 years after I had any contact with that family...

The Truly Remarkable Event of My Life

I am the proud father of my son Ryan, who is 30.  I can still remember so close how it felt to hold him as a baby..like yesterday....he would totally be bashful with this story...

.....so I will tell it in another way to protect the innocent...

Rick and his wife were so wanting a child...they tried and failed three times.  The first "trimester" is critical...many babies are lost at 3 months...."spontaneous obortion"....miscarriage...

Rick and his wife suffered these experiences...three times.....three losses...how were these loving parents to take this?  Rick had given up on being a Dad...

They got help...like the Cornell University Medical Center, NYC........major tech help....
....pregnancy happened....the baby was born...successsful case........

Now, to my story,...

It was Christmas eve, 1978, Ithaca, New York...the snow was building...they said it would be a major snowfall...no one thought it would be 3 feet by morning...

I was watching it build up outsside...

So, I was all alone by the fireside...you have to see this....it is a classic upper New York farm living room with a big roaring fireside..

OK, you now know, what I was carrying...would we ever have a child?  Would this child be born?  It was, after all, Christmas Eve...I was all alone..

I was all alone with my fear.......one more time a failed birth...
I was, for the first time in my life, truly all alone......truly alone....

...what could I do...?

I took to what I only knew...as an artist, I sketched in charcole...on a tablet..

...the fire was burning so bright...the snow was piling up outside....

...it was Christmas Eve...

...my hand just sketched...it was minutes, but now years ... live forever...

...it was the head of a baby!   I had no idea what I was sketching...

Ryan Michael McManus was born, a totally heatlhy baby, July 25, 1979.

He is now 30 and I am anticipating being a grandfather in June to two identical twin daughters..

Ryan has been from my arms to the arms of his company, and he is blesssed...

But, here it is.....the sketch I made that night, December 24, 1978 was of a baby...his exact profile

I asked one of the very few prayers in my life.....that he would be OK...that night...I prayed...if I even know what prayer means....it means to so many throughout the world what it is...for me, that night, I was in total weakness...I was on my knees.....I just said..."if my baby has a chance, I will devote my life to something good...I prey in strength"

Six months after Ryan was born, I took out that sketch.  I had signed my oath to God, Christmas Eve, December 24, 1978, our Creator that evening, like a contract, I now call "oath of Angels"..

The picture of Ryan was exactly as he appeared as a child 6 months old.

He would not want me to tell this story.  He is so very modest.

It is my true evidence that when we ask for help, it is there for us....it was there for my family.

Whiteflash has visited me all the rest of my life....it is a great mystery, yet, at times, so clear...

I have come to believe that when we are in true need, several times in our life, we can make an offering like this....I believe it will be heard and answered...

From that moment, and when I think this through all my life, I believe, my "Credo" is that we are not alone...when the answers are so abundant, how could we ever be alone?  But, it seems we need to ask, and we need to be willing to give something in return...

....keep on believing....

No comments:

Post a Comment