Myblueflash.blogspot.com

We have one life to really live here now and love here now... let's find out the best of 'what, who, where, and how'...


Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Moment When You Feel at Home.....

I remember...
...when I was an exchange student in the Netherlands...for a year...
....more than halfway through the year....
.....I changed.

From that point on....I was never the same....I now see it in others...
...in all students who study abroad....

It is what unites us as brothers and sisters of a global family....

It was the point when I really felt at home with the Netherlands culture...
...when I spoke enough Dutch to get around and actually speak with people in their language...

It was when I still missed my own home and my family, but I felt loyalty to...
...the new friends and family I had in the new home country...
.....like a second country....you feel at home....you feel like you could represent it...
........and so different from the first times when it was all new...

We can never go back to "start"....we are changed....
....the rest of our life, when the new home country touches our lives in any way...
......we understand, we feel warmth...we feel we know that place
........and we want to return....

When we see ourselves as just renting space on this planet for the years of our life....
....we know we are truly at home where our life has put us...we have little choice....
.....except that we can return, we can choose to go back there, we can choose to love...
.......the places and people we have called home...



There is that magic point, that moment when you begin to feel at home again...

No comments:

Post a Comment