Myblueflash.blogspot.com

We have one life to really live here now and love here now... let's find out the best of 'what, who, where, and how'...


Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hearts Touch...Last Year...This Year...Next Year...

It happened again.  An international student appeared...back here...after he should have gone home....blew me away with hs sincerity...he actually returned here, on his own, after a toughly earned internship in a third country, laid out his plans (he convinced me after doing this for six months) for study at our partner school in Asia, has a plan...worked it out...
I asked, "So why did you come here, and why to Asia....?"  He leaned back in the chair, like an executive older than himself, and smiled, and said..."because it is my dream....to be global...to learn cultures, languages"....and he smiled again.  He convinced me.  I could be wrong, have been wrong before, always hope I am not wrong....but I need to judge, every minute, because I must make a decision, and if I am right, it is great, and if I am wrong....I just put my faith too far, that's all....

So he asked me, "why do you think I will be on the right path?  Do you see the future, Dr. Mike, I think so."

"No way", I said, "Look here, my friend, I cannot see the future, anyone else who tells you so, beware, but I can see some things...I can have feelings..."  And I have them about him.  Come back in twenty, thirty years and we will celebrate.  I am sure of that.

These people are just amazing.  They surprise us, each day.  They are the pioneers.  They are the explorers.  They are the joiners of the Ship of Friends.

Wherever we are, wherever we go, we are never so far away.  Last year at this time, we just said hello.  Today, we know.  Tomorrow, we dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment