Myblueflash.blogspot.com

We have one life to really live here now and love here now... let's find out the best of 'what, who, where, and how'...


Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Art Within

When we think of art,we think of visual "art"...things of creation we can see that are beautiful or striking.  Let me play with words for a minute....

That is the art from the outside....but it came from within...from inside the heart and soul of the artist...the one who created it....who created that artist...where is the source of that art within...?

The California International Business University (CIBU) is about to announce its first annual "Arts Initiative", with the theme "the Art Within".  It is about our own university's exploration of its own artistic talent in painting and visual art, creative writing, photojournalism and new media.  Next year we will have a new theme to reach beyond this year's.  A specialized international university like CIBU should and will exhibit extraordinary creativity among its students, alumni, staff and faculty and friends.  Dr. Jorge Reinoza will be our Innagural Artist with an exhibit of his paintings at CIBU from October 20, 2010 through December 31, 2010. 

The art that will flow from this year came from inside all these artists hearts and minds and souls.  It is that artistic creation that expands beyond our common world of international business.  It is the "business within" that may be part of the creative process individually and collectively.  We will see individual art and collective art expression. 

Art is not the opposite of business.  It is its great comlement, like lyrics are to music, like ying and yang, like wind and water.

The ultimate source of art is not forced.  It flows like water.  It yearns to be set free.

This year, after burying myself in business and only enjoying others' art for almost 20 years, I decided to try my hand at painting again.  Voila!  A painting was born.  A second is yearning to be set free.  I know that urge again after so long and it feels good, just like it feels so good to paint with words as I write...

I walked by the brush stand I bought recently and just picked up several in my hand, I feel the tips of the painting knives I bought for my work on canvas.  As I walked there and stopped for a few seconds, to enjoy the anticipation, it felt like I was greeting an old friend.  It felt good again.  It felt good from within.  From somewhere deep within, there is art again...an old friend....a very good old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment