Myblueflash.blogspot.com

We have one life to really live here now and love here now... let's find out the best of 'what, who, where, and how'...


Thursday, July 15, 2010

Reunions...The Elevator Doors Opened...

A sweet and also painful spot in my life, and in my heart, is reunions...

I  have tried so hard to find a former business partner, from New York...Alan...he inspired me, tried me, we saved each other and did so very well together...I fear he is lost...

I have lost a few deeply loved ones...I hope for reunions someday, someplace, somewhere...

I worked at a major East Coast bank after college...there was this guy from Korea, about my age in early 20's at the time...his bride could not get to the US for 5 more years...he was here on a work visa...he was 25, I think...it was long ago...I  know I was 23.

Kim, I think was his name, told me as his friend how he just got married...then got his US visa...he waited five years, before his own visa...he just married a beautiful bride in Korea...she now had to wait 5 or more years...I could see her in his face...he showed me this incredible picture of her in his wallet....beautiful, long red dress, he looked at her picture, I knew, with such love and such pain...it hit me.

I was so young, bold and brave....took a piece of serious corporate stationary, wrote a letter to Senator Hugh Scott, then, in 1970, a major US Senator.  I had no permission.  I asked for help to get the bride here sooner.

It came.  Washington called.  The bride was on the way.  Who was I?  A nobody with corporate stationery in my hand...it was my job....she was on the way...nobody from the company knew, or cared, except him and me...

The elevator doors opened.  Kim brought her to the office one day...they cried.  People clapped.  I was too young to understand what this was.  Now I want to find him....somewhere...out there...just to see if everything is OK...and to tell him, that that moment changed my life.  I left banking and became an educator.  An international educator.

A reunion that stands a very slim chance...

Why do these reunions mean so much?

Because they cut to the core of who we are....what our life is here and how we touch each other's lives....that's all...simple concept...a show for all time....reunions...

I believe we will all possibly meet again one day again...on the Ship of Friends....it sails...the high seas of life...meanwhile, I will try to find Kim and my old friend and partner Alan, and some of the others I miss and cherish....

....lost people...?  No...they're out there....

The sun rises in the East... again...Good Morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment