Myblueflash.blogspot.com

We have one life to really live here now and love here now... let's find out the best of 'what, who, where, and how'...


Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June...Welcome to Winter! Taste the Warm Wind...

It was almost two years ago.  I wrote about "psychological geography"...
It had been my first time in Australia...Sydney...five days, five nights, then back.
It was nice weather in Sydney in Winter...crystal clear, warm in winter...their "winter"..
Then the long, long flight home back to California and the summer sun...
I can taste that moment again...no jet lag...sitting at my home....
In Southern California, with the warm, sweet wind of the summer night, it seemed...
So far away the day before in Sydney "winter"....the Australian sun was so warm...

Flying back into California summer was like crawling into a warm bed....
After a long, wonderful day in the great outdoors....

We are never far away.
Yet sometimes the farther away we are, sometimes, yes, some times...
It is home so sweet, and home where we are....
Sometimes so far away....sometimes as near as the warm wind.
When I go there in my memory,  I can taste the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment