Myblueflash.blogspot.com

We have one life to really live here now and love here now... let's find out the best of 'what, who, where, and how'...


Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Peak Moments for a College President

When I can sit with students who are happy, and relax, and laugh together.....
When I sign a new contract with a great world partner institution....
When I hear from that president by email within an hour of my email to her.....
When a business leader from my California community accompanies me across the Pacific to help me build bridges in Korea....


When we share a fresh seafood lunch at a seaside barbecue in cold wind, but warm sun...
When I discover a colleague is an artist and has an amazing collection...
When it's Friday night, at our house, and students are coming....with food and drink and we plan to have fun...

When there is a warm wind in the sky, blowing the stars around.....when fans and friends are all one....
When people are on the Ship of Friends like this....the moments could not be better...

Yet the best of all moments come when a student signals that he or she wants to go abroad to study...
It is the signal that unfolds a lifetime of new culture and learning and career and maybe lifetime partnership...
Signals....
Our job to spark...
....our job to read....
.......to encourage and enable...

After all...that was our own journey....remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment