Myblueflash.blogspot.com

We have one life to really live here now and love here now... let's find out the best of 'what, who, where, and how'...


Sunday, February 19, 2012

"Real Men" and Animals....

The most amazing thing happened last week in a small city in South Korea.  I was the guest of a university for the creation of a collaborative sister university relationship.  My hosts were fabulous and did the usual job of perfect hospitality.  After an amazing traditional luncheon, one of the young professors took me for a short tour by auto of this very historic place.  We walked and talked serious professional topics.  Most interesting to walk through a temple park dating back one thousand years and to talk 21st Century student culture and technology!

In the car ride back to the bullet train station, we approached an intersection with busy traffic.  There in the middle of the crossroads was a small brown Pomeranian dog.  Unattached to anyone, any car, just sitting there, shivering, looking at each car that went by, as if to say, "Come back, please, don't leave me here"

I spoke up.  My friend also saw him.  He commented, that some cruel people probably left him.  I looked back, the dog was just stationary, not moving out of the middle of traffic.

I took a deep breath.  Then I asked, for some unknown reason, if he also like animals.  He sighed and said "Yes" with a very heavy tone.  He told me he just lost his dog after 17 years.  He said he was incapacitated for a week, could not work, the dog was not an animal, but a friend and part of the family.

I said, "You have heart.  The same is with me.  I just lost a dog of 17 years as well."

Mine was also a Pomeranian.

I will never see that dog again, but will never let it go from my memory.  I had to give it to God to take care of it, find it a good home....not traffic.

"Real Men" have dogs.  Real men, lose dogs.  Real Men cry, and never forget these best friends.
Real men must go on.....an on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment